Login Register

Poll: what do
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
serves term w/o issue, is reelected
14.29%
1 14.29%
serves term w/o issue, not reelected
57.14%
4 57.14%
impeached, but not kicked out, is reelected
0%
0 0%
impeached, but not kicked out, not reelected
14.29%
1 14.29%
impeached, kicked out before term end
0%
0 0%
resigns (or otherwise) before term ends
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

trump thread
choose what you feel will happen from here and discus
[Image: Sd9744R.png]
Trump's popularity is at ~40%

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tru...l-ratings/

It's been lower last year.

I think 40% is a good starting point to be reelected. I don't see anyone on the democrats' side that can take him down. And I don't imagine the Mueller probe taking him down either. So I say he'll be reelected.
[Image: 4761558c1f.png]
It’s below 40% in whites without college degrees which is a huge part of his main voter base. He’s alienated enough republicans to where he may not even be the candidate the republicans choose to run... the incumbent running isn’t a given in the US
[Image: NSiuXpT.jpg]
R Money is making his moves but the GOP seems to be circling their wagons around Trump so idk, if he's set to lose and the GOP keeps defending him then that sounds hugely suicidal for the party. But hey, I hope he loses spectaculary, if only so I can laugh at MAGAheads forever
he’s prolonging strangling welfare and social services for a border wall the vast majority of americans, including republicans, don’t want and the majority of the country blames solely him for the strangling of those services at the very beginning of election season and there have been multiple republicans talking about running against him since probably early last year so we will see. hard to underestimate american incompetence though especially in the face of a collapsing american empire
I think he'll manage to stave off an impeachment, but I don't think he'll run again. The Mueller investigation is taking its time and I think they'll run out of it before they get enough together to properly take him to task during this term, and the legal battle that would ensue would take so long Trump will probably be dead before it concludes.

I read that noone really knows what's going on in Muellers office though, that release they put out about how the buzzfeed article is wrong is apparently quite rare. Not even Donald Trump can make crazy comments about things he doesn't even know exist. Like, he can't start trying to disprove evidence he doesn't even know they have, which quite nice.
4781 Days and counting
Judging by the sentence structure in that post your username should be CharlieK
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zomber_Jesus's post:
  • Ben
I won't dispute that Trump is doing unpopular things but a 40% approval rate is still very high, specially considering Obama was polling at around the same values and got reelected himself

Like, the 60% of people who openly disapprove Trump aren't necessarily voting for democrats, and this is if the figures maintain this rate. Trump already won without the popular majority, furthermore. And I'm looking at the democratic list of opponents and... ugh. Biden? Elizabeth "I'm a native american actually" Warren? Beto? lol Beto lost to Ted fucking Cruz. Julian Castro maybe but this is a Literally Who situation and he looks creepy. I guess Tulsi Gabbard could- wait isn't she a friend of Steve Bannon? Ah, fuck.

I don't know I'm not particularly happy with my outlook but things don't seem to line up. I don't imagine any of the upcoming democrats taking Trump down. But this year could prove me wrong, say, if Trump does something so stupid he loses his own base. idk
(01-21-2019, 03:47 AM)Zomber_Jesus Wrote: Judging by the sentence structure in that post your username should be CharlieK

Is this an American reference because I dont get it.

You make a good point there Grue, it could be that his core base is disapproving him right now because he hasn't started building the wall yet. So far even his most harshest critics have had to shamefully admit that he's pretty much done everything he said he would, and the wall is the next box to tick.
4781 Days and counting
From what I've gathered they disapprove right now because there were rumors of amnesty for illegal immigrants + the shutdown also affects republicans as much as they loathe to admit it.

The thing I noticed is that the Trump base is truly reactionary - as in, they vote for Trump in reaction to whatever Democrats throw at them. This could be good if the Democrats weren't spineless exploiters hiding behind a facade of progressivism. Because like Niki said actual progressive policies are widely supported in america, so if the Democrats doubled down and actually went through with what they said they might break through the reaction wall that republicans built. But instead, Dems are cowards and back off.

A good example was Clinton retracting her bag of deplorables comment. Like, the one thing she said that was right. Her voter base wasn't going to pull out if she stood by her claims and she wouldn't come across as a fence-sitter if she went "yeah anyone who supports Trump's xenophobic rhetoric is deplorable, 100%". But she backed off.

I don't think you can fight Trumpism with compromise, and I've yet to see the Democrats stepping up and actually facing him head-on. Of course, again, I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

Incidentally, it's one of the reasons why I like Alexandria "slightly to the left of center" Ocasio-Cortez. She's not this political marvel, but she has grit. Anderson Cooper's dumb face as he asks her "how can you say that!?" to her "Trump is a racist" comment as she unblinkily repeats that Trump is, in fact, racist... well it was wonderful. Fuck the double standard. If Trump threw civil discourse in the garbage then go on the offensive.

Kamala Harris announced her candidacy. She scored big points in the Kavanaugh case though I have my personal gripes with how that bullshit was handled BY HER. Regardless, I think if she's able to overcome the inevitable onslaught of racist misogyny that is surely coming her way AND stick to her guns on the Kavanaugh thing I think she may stand an actual chance. We'll see.
[-] The following 1 user Likes grue Moderator's post:
  • fat lesbian
I like to be optimistic and believe that trump won't be reelected because people eventually get that he's making shit worse or because he just doesn't care for it. But I have my deep dark fears. What I'm seeing with European populism makes me feel like if he hardlined his stance even more the beautifully uneducated and mistreated american public would double down and violently orbanize the US.
It's all nice and well having reasonable democrat candidates but with a rigid two party system you can only do so much when the establishment standing behind you is just awful. Not to mention that embracing hate and violence feels real good whenever you're part of the group that gets to punch down in any measure. And that's a mindset that American political culture has nurtured for so long Im honestly surprised towns aren't still openly lynching minorities for sports
ugh europe is so annoying right now

If you want a picture of what europe is about at this moment imagine a lazy white guy who never did nothing but sit on his ass his whole life while coasting on all kinds of benefits suddenly gets up, spills his beer and angrily yells that his life sucks and it's because of brown people.

This is literally everyone in europe right now. Bunch of ungrateful idiots with zero self-awareness.

I know! Let's put on a yellow vest and burn cars for no reason, that'll do the fucking trick.

I hate everything
[-] The following 1 user Likes grue Moderator's post:
  • Zomber_Jesus
the shutdown affects them very little. every department relating to property rights and the enforcement of capital overseas is functioning entirely, the only things being harmed right now are social programs. they are not even remotely hurt lol except the voters and the voter base doesn’t correctly identify the root of their problems to begin with or we wouldn’t be in this situation. people actually just genuinely think he’s being a jackass this time around but that’s... not enough
Kamala Harris is a piece of shit and i don’t trust her considering she built her career off terrorizing the groups she claims to advocate for... no different than bernie no different than obama no different than AOC or any other “left” candidate that buckles and softens within about five minutes. just look how quick AOC became Israel’s greatest ally lmfao putting any hope in anyone in american electoral politics is just a recipe for disappointment and eventual complicity in war crimes when you tangibly back them