Login Register

Poll: multiplats??
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
nothing wrong with buyin a ya like
50.00%
2 50.00%
nah i wouldnt its a scam
25.00%
1 25.00%
eh
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

remember remember games in september
Movie 
hey you all what are ya playing

i have been playing typical shit like overwatch, poe, hots. ive also been playing a randomized pokemon blue ROM. the starters in my seed happened to be golduck, krabby, and caterpie so i picked krabby of course. i havent had much time for games

ive been considering buying disgaea 5 for switch, because i love that franchise and feel like playing again. but, i already own it and played it a whole lot on ps4! it's quite a conundrum. what do you do about multiplatform games??
[Image: Sd9744R.png]
overwatch and elder scrolls online. still don't have the morrowind expansion but im getting it at the end of the month. replaying skyrim because i don't respect myself

if you wanna play it again on the console you use more i don't see why not. i own overwatch for both pc and ps4 and im gonna buy another copy of scholar of the first sin and dark souls 3 for ps4

also im getting increasingly uncomfortable with steams business model and how they essentially use free fan labor to make money off their more popular games (content creators for dota get paid almost nothing for example and valve keeps a ton of money from fan items) and tbh, with digital distribution in general and how you don't legally own anything you buy so ive been sticking with physical copies of ps4 games. sony isn't ethical either by any means but valve is monstrous. maybe im just old
[Image: NSiuXpT.jpg]
playin the fuck outta some pubg and csgo as usual. recently bought shovel knight but haven't really played it yet
The one and only king of cums.
ive bbeen playing Gwent and Oxygen Not Included

Oxygen

I hadn't picked up the game in a while and there have been some changes. Namely the latest update added germs so there's a bit of a ffocus on hygiene now. Not fully sure how it works yet, but that's for this other reason.

Now the game has sort of "difficulty modes". Meaning, you can preset the game to have low stress and high immunity. If u do that, the duplicants will be very hard to stress and become ill. This makes cruising through the game much easier, and also allows you to test builds and strategies more calmly. I've been doing that. It's been fun.

The game is "solved" to the extent that there's only so much you can do still, even though it's becoming more complex the further it goes. But yeah, short of slightly optimizing temperature and gas pressure outputs, it's not to hard to reach a stable point in your base. There are still some issues with ordering productions (you can't order to alternate between different tasks like in Dwarf Fortress for example) and there is still a lot of room for improvement, which is great.

Gwent

Oh boy I can't stress how different this game is from other CCGs. I uninstalled Hearthstone because I'm fed up with it, decided to try Gwent. From the get-go: this game is so mathy. It doesn't mind giving you walls of text on cards, which makes it difficult to evaluate the full consequences of playing them, and the fact that the game is set on rounds really brings out the mind games. So far, I enjoy it, but I still don't really understand what I'm doing.
[Image: 4761558c1f.png]
is/how much is gwent pay to win?
i hert in an assassins creed game u can kill settlers. is it worth busting out my PS3 for
[Image: NSiuXpT.jpg]
(09-16-2017, 06:40 AM)Ben Wrote: is/how much is gwent pay to win?

kind of, kind of not. I dont know much about the game yet

I don't know howw much you know about Gwent, but it's a weird game. You start out with like 10 cards (I think) and you can mulligan 3 (one at a time, so you can mulligan 1 -> draw -> mulligan the card you drew). Plus you have your hero or champion or whatever, which is a one-time effect that plays like a card too. Then you play round 1, you dump cards and try to score higher than the opponent. In round two you draw two cards and can mulligan 1 (out of every card in your hand including the freshly drawn cards). Round three you draw 1 card and have 1 mulligan. Every game is a best of 3, so it can end in two rounds if you win both of them.

And that's what makes it weird. Like, you can dump your hand on round 1 and win that round, but because you only draw 2 cards on round 2, you will have fewer resources than your oponent if they chose to not play cards and concede round 1. Which means that your opponent will then most likely win round 2, and round 3, because you don't have the resources to match. Couple that with the fact that you play one card at a time (unless the card states otherwise) and that draw mechanics are very rare or, more normally, contingent ("if you have x type card in play, draw y type card and play it"), and even rarer are the draw mechanics that draw cards to your hand (it's usually "draw and play" or just "play a card from your deck").

This creates a game that's STRONGLY based on mindgames, resource management and hand reading. And in that sense, it's a very skill intensive game. Which strongly mitigates the "pay to win" feel.

However, you will also face a lot of bullshit cards, that flood the board with minions, or just bring back cards from the graveyard (which sometimes includes YOUR graveyard), or other game-turning mechanics. The fact is, there are some legendary cards that you just need to have for your decks to be good. Again, there's a mitigating factor: you can only have a max of... three? Five? legendary cards on your deck. So you can't just stomp the shit out of people through the sheer power of your wallet. But the power spike is real, and starter decks hold very poorly vs players with just one or two of the good legendaries.

Even so, there's a cool feature that helps with building your collection: every keg (card pack) gives you five cards, where four of them are random cards like in Hearthstone, and the fifth is a choice of one between three cards. So, you can go after cards that you don't own, and there's a slightly increased chance that you'll get the one you want every time you open a keg, compared to hearthstone packs. This is way more satisfying and makes it so the game doesn't feel as bullshity.

So, TLDR: There are very strong legendaries that you need, but there are gameplay and card pack mechanics that make it less bullshit-y than in other CCGs. Still, there's a definite feeling that you can pay to skip the grind towards those powerful cards. So, I would say, it's a pay-to-skip game, slightly pay-to-win, but not obnoxiously so, and skill outshines deck quality anyway.
ok that was helpful but misses a lot of the specifics (i played witcher so i know the game itself)

how much do you pay, and for what?
can you trade? do you break down cards and craft them or whatever (doesnt hearthstone do this??)
can you get packs from just grinding in the game itself?
Playerunknown's Battleground updated so my game doesn't crash when I open my inventory, so I have been playing that. But holy SHIT does playing with Shmuh get infuriating sometimes.

I'm done with Overwatch too. It's turned into people throwing every single game and it's been depressing and pathetic to the point where it's not even worth it anymore. I get too angry over it, it's too much stress that I don't need.
[Image: 8GxH9p5.png]
I'm orgasming over hollow knight constantly. Even got into speedrunning it. AAA games just feel like shit to me after all the great indie titles from the last few years.
(09-18-2017, 01:15 PM)Ben Wrote: how much do you pay, and for what?
can you trade? do you break down cards and craft them or whatever (doesnt hearthstone do this??)
can you get packs from just grinding in the game itself?

the pricing is very similar to hearthstone, so it's 2,60€ for 2 packs. it probably varies from region to region. more packs lowers the price considerably

also like hearthstone it's a ccg, not a tcg, so no trading. yes there's dusting and crafting

yes you can get packs from grinding. so far, the system goes: every day you can highcore a number of rounds. the more rounds you win, the more rewards you get, per tier

so tier 1 is win 6 rounds, tier 2 is 12 rounds, etc. rewards are: currency (to buy packs), "dust" (to craft cards, cant remember wat they call ig in gwent atm) and in higher tiers you straight up get a new pack

remember that per game you may win 0,1 or 2 rounds, bc it's a best of 3
im wrong, the reward ranks are way more generous than i made them out to be

kegs are packs, scraps and meteorite are resources / currency for crafting and buying kegs

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/...rd_tables/
essentially if you waste an entire day grinding out rounds in multiplayer you can strengthen your collection significantly
I've been playing destiny 2. Never played the first entry but it is hitting me in that same way that the first borderlands did for me (was notafan of blands2).

Anyway I just hit level 20 with my warlock and I dig the game
(11-16-2016, 02:28 AM)shagg Wrote: are you a meme?
i've just been bouncing between heavily modded Terraria and the new expansion for XCOM 2. I'm honestly just burning time until destiny 2 pc release.
[Image: Kq6todc.jpg]