Login Register

V I D E O - G A M E S - I N - 2 0 1 9
kh 1 -  100% done (all trophies, all equipment, hardest difficulty, all done)
kh 2 - 100% done (all trophies, all equipment, hardest difficulty, all done)
kh re:com - ~95% done (done on hardest difficulty, have everything special, but need to get sora n riku to lv 99)
kh 358/2 days - ~66% done (done on hardest difficulty, beat every mission but not done many of the special missions or grinded for levels/synth)
kh re:coded - ~50% done (done on hardest difficulty, but haven't done any score/level grinding really)
kh bbs - ~75% done (done on hardest difficulty for all characters, one character is done 90% and the other two done ~50%)

i wanted to do them in release order and get them to 100% before moving on but i got too eager to start kh3 so, moving on to kh ddd, then to 0.2, then i'll start 3, then ill try to 100% 3 and then move backward to 100% the other games
[Image: Sd9744R.png]
i had only played bbs and re:coded for the first time this time, never played ddd, never played the 0.2, so thisll be fun
Man the dialogue in KH3 is soooo bad. I haven't played a KH game in probably around 4 years, but I don't remember it being this bad. Also this story is so overly convoluted. Gameplay wise though it's super solid.
[Image: elxQuIB.jpg]
yeah, thats my opinion on kh in general. the dialogue sounds like a madlib with all the words filled with "fight" and "remember" and "light" and "heart" and "power", and people can poke fun at the character interactions or tropes. but the gameplay and visuals are always well-done, and its that mix that i love a lot

i think that's not stressed enough- the story is totally just "sora does this thing for no reason, which wouldnt make sense except for this thing happens, also for no reason, which wouldnt make sense except for that this thing happens..." and the disney worlds have no impact at all. its all a big laugh, but if you sit down with em and let yourself enjoy the experience its well worth it
also after having replayed them all pre-kh3, kh1 has marginally better writing/story than the rest but it has always been bad. i think i stomached it (and you may have too) before just because i didnt know better
let me tell you i watched the recap for all the previous games and i still don’t fucking get it. very funny that sora sounds like a 40 year old man now
[Image: NSiuXpT.jpg]
the central concepts of kh are:

hearts (almost always) have darkness in them, and if they succumb to that darkness (either through their dark deeds, being manipulated, or being overcome by darkness externally) then their heart is overtaken by darkness and becomes a heartless. this also turns your heart-less body into a "nobody", which always confused me because... a heartless has your heart, and the nobody is heart-less

also, there's more than 1 kingdom hearts. the true kingdom hearts, which is a repository of hearts lost in limbo, represents light and the x-blade represents dark. the x-blade needs to be used to unlock the true kingdom hearts, and to get the x-blade a prophecy needs to be fulfilled or whatever. there should technically be a balance between the two. at the end of kh 1, ansem seeker of darkness kinda assumes that bc kh is made of hearts and that hearts have darkness, itll be filled with enough darkness for him to manipulate. it turns out he was wrong
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ben's post:
  • fat lesbian
but keep in mind, if at any point the story wants a detail to be different, they will make it so through bizarre coincidences or stupid tropes. i dont think its retconning as much as it is nonsense
huh. i feel like there had to be a better way for them to do all of that. my wife is playing through all the games for the first time before playing 3 so ill get to see the story in sequence and see if it’s coherent at any point
kh 1 has the most coherent story, and i didnt get it as a kid but playing it now i understand at least. kh2 also makes some sense and i do sincerely and without irony or facetiousness like the opening to kh2 as a storytelling strategy. birth by sleep is where things get weird (the prophecies, the heart-bonding, etc)
1 really does have some really really good disney worlds. i forgot how much i liked wonderland. 2 had a better nightmare before christmas world.

yeah im following 1 well enough so far. ive only played the main series games and part of chain of memories myself so birth by sleep and some of the other side games will be new to me